Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 6:45pm - 8:30pm
2301 Calvert Street NW near the Woodley Park Metro on the Red Line
We are pleased to announce that there are 5 Board of Director seats available. There are five (5) seats available: Four seats with 3-year terms and two seats with 2-year terms. Everyone's talents are welcome. We'd especially love to have people willing to share their web design/IT and/or fundraising experience.
The purpose of our organization and the role of Board members is to facilitate and encourage networking among alums and to assist with the fundraising and administration of our scholarship. We're looking for alums with fresh ideas and a willingness to donate their time towards these two primary objectives. Responsibilities that support these goals include:
- Highly encouraged to plan at least 1 networking or fundraising events each year
- Networking and encouraging participation among alumni
- Actively participating in and attending meetings
- Participating in discussions in between monthly meetings
- Maintaining a presence at club and University held events
- Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month and begin promptly at 6:45pm
- You must be able to attend at least 9 out of the 12 meetings
To serve as, or vote for, a Board member, your membership dues must be up to date as of 5pm on June 13th.
Nominations for Director positions can be via self nomination or taken from the floor, from any dues paying member. Directors will be elected by a majority vote of dues paying members. If you are interested in serving, please prepare a brief statement on why you want to be on the Board and how you plan to contribute.
Officers will be elected during an Executive session of the new Board, which will immediately follow the Annual meeting. Please prepare a personal statement as a way to introduce yourself. Your statement should cover why you want to be a Board member and what ideas you have.
Click Here To Renew Your Membership Today!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via email at SUinDC@gmail.com